The number 1 question I get asked all the time is what are my favorite non-toxic skincare and cosmetics products.
There are lots of great natural options available, however, purchasing safe products can be quite misleading and confusing. Many use words like "organic" or "natural" on their labels yet contain only a very small amount of organic ingredients in a base of petrochemicals, toxins, and harsh preservatives. Here are some tips on how to choose natural beauty products.
It took me over a year to fully "go green" and switch all my beauty products to completely natural, organic alternatives but it was well worth it. My skin is much more balanced, clear, and less sensitive, and it feels good to know that the products I use are not linked to any potential long-term health concerns.
Here are my favorite green beauty products that I use daily!
- Cleanser - Lemon Mint Cleanser by Karen’s Botanicals
- Moisturizer - Rosey Cheeks Organic Facial Cream by Cocoon Apothecary
- Exfoliation - Carrot Facial Scrub by 100% Pure
- Mask – Homemade
- Serum - Revitalizing Treatment for Skin by Pomega5
- Blemish Treatment - Spotbuster Blemish Treatment by Cocoon Apothecary
- Body butter - Pink Grapefruit Shea Body Butter by 100% Pure
- Shampoo - EarthSafe
- Conditioner - Honey Coconut Milk Conditioner by 100% Pure
- Styling Gel - Natural Styling Gel by Suncoat
- Anti-Frizz – Jojoba oil
- Foundation - Fruit Pigmented Tinted Moisturizer with SPF20 – White Peach by 100% Pure
- Foundation Powder - Natural Foundation Powder – Adobe Beige by Earth’s Beauty
- Mascara - Fruit Pigmented Mascara – Dark Chocolate by 100% Pure
- Concealer - Fruit Pigmented Concealer with SPF20 – White Peach (tan) by 100% Pure
- Eyeshadow - Pure Mineral Eyeshadows by Orglamix
- Blush - 100% Pure & Earth’s Beauty
- Lip Liner - Josie Maran Cosmetics
- Lip Gloss - 100% Pure Lip Gloss and Creamstick
- Eye Liner - Josie Maran Cosmetics
- Bronzer - Afterglow Cosmetics
- Perfume - Organic Perfume Pink Grapefruit by Trillium Organics
All these products you can find on Mint & Berry, my online organic beauty boutique that I launched in January 2010. All the products that are sold on Mint& Berry, are truly 100% natural and must have earned the lowest possible hazardous rating (2 or less) from The Environmental Working Group, an independent non-profit organization that maintains the SkinDeep Cosmetic Safety Database. Furthermore, they do not contain any cancer causing, hormone disrupting, synthetic or petroleum derived ingredients, animal by-products or have been tested on animals.
If you’d like to purchase anything you see above from Mint & Berry, feel free to use coupon code YOUTUBELOVE for a 15% discount.