The Green Your School Challenge is a student led movement to shrink the carbon footprint of US schools. Teens rally their school community and lead projects to reduce waste, save energy, promote green agriculture and more. Participating students browse and select projects needed in their school and we provide action guides and one-on-one support to help.
Schools that make the biggest impact on their school win grants and prizes including:
- A $5000 grant to the biggest impact on recycling, powered by Nestlé Waters.
- A $5000 grant to the biggest impact on energy conservation, powered by Energy Star.
- Five $1000 grants to the schools with the most people registered.
DoSomething.org will also award 4 $500 college scholarships to individuals who register as participants in the campaign by March 1st.
HOW IT WORKS
Join the Campaign
1) Sign up at www.dosomething.org/GreenYourSchool or text GREEN to 38383
2) Get all of your friends to sign up too. Schools must have 10 participants registered to be eligible to win.
3) Browse and select projects to tackle. Use our action guides to help!
4) Report back by April 22nd online or by text and be eligible to win great prizes.
5) Winning schools get $1000 and $5000 grants and a chance to be honored at the White House!
6) 4 individuals will be selected to win a $500 college scholarship for registering
February 1 – The Green Your School Challenge launches
February 1- April 22 – Campaign Runs. Students work with their school to complete projects
April 23-27 Judges review schools’ projects
May 1– Results announced!
See your business here, click to learn more.
|Things of interest:|