Summery smoothie ideas for parties and relaxation
When you are relaxing in the sunshine and enjoying a free day, there is nothing better than sipping on a chilled smoothie that is packed with tasty goodness. It can substitute an unhealthy snack in between meals, with fruity goodness and lovely feelings and what’s more, you can make them yourself. So, here are three simple smoothie ideas that you can make. All you need is a blender, crushed ice and some healthy ingredients.
Many people’s favorite is the banana and strawberry smoothie. This is pretty easy to make and can be sipped while sunning yourself on the beach, or playing foxy bingo at home in your garden. Either way, it is delicious.
- Start with some plain yoghurt and put two tablespoonfuls in a blender.
- Add some crushed ice to make the whole drink cool and refreshing.
- It is important to use ice that has already been crushed, as large pieces may break your blender.
- Wash a handful of strawberries, cut off any leaves or stalks and chop them in half.
- Peel and chop a banana and add both the banana, and the strawberries, into the blender.
- Pour in some apple juice, about 3/4 of the way up the fruit, blend, pour into a glass and enjoy.
Another tasty smoothie idea is flavored with mango, passion fruit and pineapple.
- For this smoothie, add the pulp of two passion fruit into the blender, along with some crushed ice.
- Peel and chop up a mango, being careful of the large stone inside.
- Add this to the blender, along with two tablespoonfuls of pineapple chunks.
- Pour in some pineapple juice, so that it comes half way up the ingredients, blend, serve and enjoy.
Of course, you can create your own flavor of smoothie simply by experimenting with what you like. So get out to the fruit stalls and see what you can find.