The beauty of our marketplace today is we can always find a green option, even for items that we wouldn't think have a LOHAS or sustainable or eco-friendly option.
Here are top ten things that I think you, as another "green girl", will want to know. Give yourself one point for each item you know already!
1) What day is recycling pickup for the office/building/neighborhood? http://www.google.com/search?&q=recycling+center
2) Where your reusable shopping bag is at all times, ready to use for produce, groceries, or a quick trip to the farmer's market: http://www.520-nm.com
3) A supply for 100% post-consumer-waste printing paper: http://www.buygreen.com/newleafencore100.aspx (better yet, you're going totally paperless)
4) How much the electric bill is and what steps to take to reduce ithttp://www.smartmoney.com/spending/deals/13-simple-ways-to-lower-your-electric-bill-22933/
5) How to go more green by bringing your own cup or mug to the local café: http://greencafenetwork.org/category/cafes/ (you would be amazed at how many single-use coffee cups litter our landfills)
6) Where to find other green businesswomen in your industry: http://greenbusinesswomen.com/?q=directory (post a free listing here and access great members-only discounts —- share your own promotions with our members, too)
7) The best ways to meet online instead of meeting in person:
8) What kind of compostable, biodegradable utensils to offer at the next company event: http://worldcentric.org/biocompostables/utensils
9) Company policy on working from home, telecommuting and remote access:http://greenbusinesswomen.com/?q=content/offering-telecommuting-and-work-home-options
10) Where to get ethically-sourced, sustainable gifts to support women in developing countries: (my favorite is http://www.bridgeforafrica.org), where to get recycled, handmade products nearby http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=handmade&search_query=recycled or where to get luxury sustainable jewelry http://www.sulusso.com
Do you have any other items to add? @monicadear
So how did you score?
8-10 points == you'd be a great fit as a Green Girl Guru, consider sharing your knowledge as an author here!
4-7 points == Good going… increase your ability to practice sustainable options by reading this blog on a regular basis
0-3 points == It's a start. Let's learn and share together: Bookmark http://www.thegreengirls.com
Social Networking for Women in Business, 136 pages of tips on managing your social media.
Use discount code begreengirl to download the e-version for $5.99: all major credit cards accepted.
Only 250 copies available at this price. Learn more…
Monica S. Flores is committed to educating, empowering, and connecting women in business. She is available for consulting on web development through 10K Webdesign. She believes in the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profits.