The holidays are officially here and we are in search for the best destination to get into the Holiday Spirit! This year, New York, New York is #1 on our list. New York City is one of THE best holiday destinations in the world. With the city's dazzling decorations, shows and the hustle and bustle of thousands of people in Times Square, who can resist?
So we've started on travel plans and the flights are booked! Next, we look into the best hotel for this anticipated holiday trip.
Here are our prerequisites:
- Location, location, location ~ We plan on walking as much as possible!
- SUPER CLEAN facility ~ I am a freak when it comes to clean hotel rooms. I've even been known to bring my own sheets at times.
- And more importantly, they have to be ACTIVE in driving their facility to be Greener.
With these essential points in mind, it was an easy & clear decision to make the Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers as our hotel of choice for our very first New York Holiday Experience!
Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
Located between Central Park and Times Square in the center of Manhattan's Midtown business and entertainment district.
Photo: Exterior of Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
|The Sheraton New York is centrally located between Times Square and Central Park and amidst shopping, theater, business, and entertainment districts, this convenient hotel in Midtown Manhattan puts you in the heart of New York.
Photo: Map of Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
|Just steps away from the hotel, Times Square is a full sensory New York experience, bustling with mega billboards, honking taxi cabs, massive neon signs, street vendors, and visitors from all over the world.
Photo: Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers marquee front entrance in the evening
|Newly Renovated Guest Rooms! As a result of the multi-million make-over, all rooms will be larger in size and have a sophisticated, classic look with a modern touch and elegant feel.
Photo: Newly renovated room at Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
FOCUSING ON SUSTAINABILITY – Starwood Hotels and Resorts have been an industry leading pioneer in respect to helping our environment and advancing the sustainability efforts around the globe. We have set a goal as an organization by 2020 to reduce our energy consumption by 30% and water consumption by 20%.
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Waste Minimization
- Energy and Water Conservation
- Awareness and Engagement
Indoor Environmental Quality – As our team embarked on our $150 million renovation project our sustainability efforts remained at the fore-front of the mission.
Waste Minimization – In the kitchen – our staff is always looking for new and innovative ways for us to “go green!”
- 100-mile menu – Locally sourced product supports local business, potentially reduces the need for excessive preservatives, provides for fresher produce, and reduces carbon emissions associated with long distance transport.
- Bottled water alternatives
- 142.2 cubic tons of glass, plastic, metal and aluminum recycled over a 63 month period
- Elimination of styrofoam
- Composting efforts – recycled 60.4 cubic tons of wet organic kitchen waste since we started this initiative only 25 months ago
- 153.9 cubic tons of “cardboard and mixed paper” recycled over a 63 month period
- Installation of new dishwashing machines that use 1/3 the amount of water per usage compared to our previous machines
- On-site water filtration system, linen-less tables, and sustainable products for meetings and events available and promoted for every group
Energy and Water Conservation – As a business, we need to take the lead in our communities embracing initiatives that are environmentally responsible while improving the way we run our daily operations.
- High-efficiency fluorescent lighting installed in guest room corridors reduces energy required for lighting by 50%
- Motion-detection thermostats turn HVAC systems off when guest rooms are not occupied
- New insulation on piping reduces energy losses
Here’s how you can help…
- Avoid running your water when possible to decrease our water usage
- Close your in-room sheers and part black out shades – this will limit heat loss in winter and heat gain in the summer, turn off your lights and TV when you leave your room
- Participate in our linen and towel reuse programs.
We are excited to share our New York Holiday Experience with you! Stay tuned for photos & videos! In the mean time, you can connect with Sheraton New York on Facebook or visit http://www.sheratonnewyork.com/
See your business here, click to learn more.
|Things of interest:|