Sweet Chili Cabbage with Spicy Pumpkin Seed Crunch
Sweet Chili Cabbage
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage (one small cabbage)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves, well packed
- 1/3 cup cold pressed sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons raw honey or agave
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of ½ lime
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed chili pepper
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
Toss the cabbage and cilantro together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, honey or agave, garlic, lime juice, chili powder, chili pepper and salt to create the sauce. Pour the sauce over the cabbage and toss well to coat. Set aside.
Spicy Pumpkin Seed Crunch
- 3¾ cups cubed zucchini (about 3 medium zucchini)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 3 medium carrots)
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seed oil
- 2 teaspoons Mountain Rose Herbs West Indies Rub
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
Toss the zucchini and salt together in a large bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes while you prepare the other veggies. Drain the zucchini, as the salt will have helped it to release some liquid. Place the zucchini back into the bowl and toss with the carrots and onion. Add in the pumpkin seed oil, West Indies Rub and pumpkin seeds. Toss well to make sure all of the flavors combine.
To serve: Divide the Sweet Chili Cabbage into four equal portions and place on a plate. Top each portion of cabbage with ¼ of the Spicy Pumpkin Seed Crunch. Serve and enjoy with pure pleasure!
See your business here, click to learn more.