Reaching your Goals by Defining your Goals
I call these your "metrics for success". Because we all know that it's not just the money. You will define your success based on a number things, which might include ideas or experiences like:
- Being able to support causes you care about
- Being able to donate to philanthropic and charitable organizations
- Being able to share your knowledge
- Quality time with family and friends
- Creating a change in the world based on the way you run your business
- Connecting your customers with each other
- Being a real resource to people who need your assistance
- Fostering a green mindset in your community
- An increase your ability to make dreams come true, for you and for others
- Spiritual development as you empower yourself and others
- A changed world, with more positive energy, more vibrant opportunities, and more ways for more people to participate
- An increase in love, a decrease in fear
I have seen these kinds of changes happening through my own business and a large part of this is because I keep track of my metrics.
Here are some samples of data that I track– these are only relevant to me. You'll want to figure out which numbers are relevant to you:
1) How much plastic and styrophone we use (reducing)
2) Our electrical bill (reducing)
3) Automobile use (reducing)
4) Grocery bill (replacing store-bought with garden-grown organic produce)
5) Our net worth (Assets – Liabilities)
6) Monthly gross receipts
7) How many projects we do per month
8) Number of ideas we convert into product/service offerings
9) Numbers of unique visitors to my blogs (http://www.Google.com/analytics)
10) Number of referrals to my website design business
11) Adsense sales (http://www.google.com/adsense)
12) Number of signups to my mailing list and how they are referred
I'm sure some of these may overlap your own interests or metrics. What can you do to create a system that works for you and your business? How can you reach more and more people? Find a weekly tip or how-to on Green Businesses here at The Green Girls on Wednesday afternoons.
Monica S. Flores of is committed to educating, empowering, and connecting women in business — she believes in the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profits. She is available for consulting on web development, green business practices, and women in business.
Please help me go solar. Your purchase of my e-books allows me to continue forward with this process and continue bringing you information, resources, and support for green business women.
Social Networking for Women in Business, 136 pages of tips on managing your social media.
Click to purchase the e-version for $7.99 (use code: greengirls1).
Thirty Steps to Starting up Your Green Business, an easy-to-follow guide with 110 pages of details to launching and growing your green business.
Click to purchase the e-version for $8.99 and download instantly.
Thank you for your support.