Ever wonder what you should do with the carnage of broken crayons that end up in every corner of the house? Here is a great idea that is practical, easy and fun for the kids.
- Gather all your broken crayons and take the wrappers off
- Cut them into small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Fill the muffin tin or a candy mold with an inch-thick layer of crayon pieces.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the wax is melted.
- Allow the tin to cool; then pop out the crayons, and they're ready for use.
- If you don't have a muffin tin to devote to crayon making, you can line your regular muffin tin with foil cups.
- Cover your workspace with Newspaper- the melted wax can be quite messy and we are working with kids after all (wink wink)
- Recycled crayons make a great no-cost gift or party favor! The kids love them.
- Try using candy molds or any other fun shaped baking tin for really cool shaped crayons!
See your business here, click to learn more.