makes one dozen
For the Brownie
- 2 1/2 cups Brazil nuts, walnuts or pecans
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 cup pitted dates, well packed
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed coconut oil
Place the Brazil nuts in a food processor and chop finely. Add the cacao powder, coconut, ginger, vanilla and salt and process again to combine. Separate the dates and add to the food processor along with the coconut oil. Pulse to gently begin to combine the dates. After a few pulses, run the food processor until all ingredients are well combined and a sticky dough has formed. Scrape into an 8″ baking pan and press the dough in firmly.
For the Ginger Candy Topping
- 3 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup finely chopped raw walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
Place the agave and ginger in a small bowl and whisk together. Add in the nuts and cacao nibs and mix well. Spread the topping over the brownie and press with a spatula to set. Place the entire tray in the freezer for 1 hour to firm. Cut into 12 pieces and serve.
Learn more about Natalia at
See your business here, click to learn more.