We know you're busy, but Earth Day is an opportunity to stop and take a few steps to make our planet a better place to live. A few suggestions are below. None of takes more than 15 minutes. Join us in making Earth Day more than a meaningless salute.
1. Send ecards like those above to remind all your friends that the Earth is worth celebrating.
2. Turn down your thermostat and sleep without heat on Earth Day night. That's why we have blankets!
3. Make a family pledge to walk or bike everywhere you go on Earth Day.
4. If you're in the supermarket, ask the manager to carry more local foods.
6. Make up an Earth Day song with family and friends.
7. Check to see that the tires on your cars are correctly inflated.
8. Get out a calendar and plan one earth-friendly activity each month for the next year.
9. String a laundry line outside and vow to dry clothes naturally (it's a bit hard to do this where we live, but if you have room, you can string one inside as an alternative).
11. Go online to Catalog Choice to free your snail mailbox from junk mail.