Natural Ways To Treat Irritability
We all know that life is full of emotional ups and downs, but sometimes the “down” gets to be too much while friends and family bear the brunt.
photo via .candy
What sets you off for no reason at all? Here are some factors you might consider when wondering what’s causing the uncontrollable mood swings.
- Stress - Irritability is often caused when a person is stressed or overworked.
- Depression – Depression causes changes in thinking, feeling, behavior, and physical well-being with increased irritability and loss of temper, social withdrawal, and a reduction in your desire to engage in pleasurable activities.
- Insomnia – A tired body and lack of sleep can trigger irritability in a person
- Menopause – What?! Menopause causes irritability? Well, that sucks.
So what can we do about it? Here are some natural ways to treat irritability & mood swings.
- Cardio Workout - get your dopamine fix. This “happy hormone” helps alleviates the mood by acting on neuro receptors which are responsible for mood
- Gardening – This relaxing activity actually lifts depression according to a study a few years ago. The study showed a common soil bacterium, that we
inhale when digging in the dirt, activates the serotonin releasing neurons in our brain. Not to mention, it’s Great For Your Health!
- Yoga / Meditation – The practice of patience will help restore calmness, and make life pleasant for you and for others around you. Clear your mind and breath.
- Eat Healthy – A balanced diet with emphasis on proteins and vitamins naturally combats menopause.