Today is Meatless Monday and I was in a mood for a burger! So I put together my two favorite things; tofu & mushrooms. The portabella mushroom gives a meaty & juicy flavor to the meal, while keeping it vegan. Simple ingredients, yet oh so delish!
Photo via Apple's phone
- 1 portabella mushroom
- extra firm tofu
- butter spray
- 1 tablespoon mrs dash herbs seasoning
- 1 tomato
- asparagus for sides
- Preheat grill. Medium heat
- Cut tofu in 1/2 thick slices.
- Spray with butter spray.
- Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash & place on grill
- Spray each side of tofu w/ butter spray before flipping. Brown each side.
- Spray mushroom with butter spray & place on grill 5 min each side or until mushroom becomes juicy
- Spray asparagus with butter spray & place on grill for 8 minutes. Toss around to make sure all sides are cooked.
- Cut mushroom in half, place tofu & tomato in between
- Serve on a platter with asparagus & dig in.
More creative recipes HERE