Ultimate morning smoothie for an energy boost
When it comes to super smoothies, I believe simplicity is key. There are many recipes that combine an array of different fruits and veggies but this can sometimes be harsh on a sensitive digestive track. My favourite smoothie is one that combines all sorts of goodness—potassium rich bananas, cocoa with cell-protecting antioxidant power and vitamin-rich spinach.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender till desired texture is reached. This recipe makes about 2 tall glasses worth of smoothie.
- See below for the many health benefits of these ingredients:
- Spinach—This leafy green helps reduce inflammation, improve overall bone health and brain function. It is also known to lower risk of macular degeneration.
- Cocoa—Studies show that dark cocoa can improve blood flow and help maintain good cholesterol levels.
- Banana—This sweet fruit can improve your mood, maintain regular bowel function and can reduce your risk of kidney cancer.
What is your favourite green smoothie? Please share!
For more healthy treats, check out ethicalDeal’s recipe for a ChocoBerry shake.
About the author:
Katrina is part of the team at ethicalDeal , whose aim is to make green mainstream through daily deals on safe, healthy and green products and services, and eco-friendly lifestyle tips on the ethicalDeal blog. Her goal is to educate the public on the benefits of living a healthy and eco-friendly lifestyle.
See your business here, click to learn more.
|Things of interest:|