- Less than 1% of the world's fresh water is readily accessible for direct human use.
- 884 MILLION people lack access to safe water supplies–roughly one in eight people.
- 3.575 MILLION people die each year from water-related disease.
- 84% of water-related deaths are children ages 0-14.
- A child dies every 15 seconds from water born diseases.
- An American taking a five-minute shower uses more than the typical person living in a developing country slum uses in an entire day.
- About a third of people without access to an improved water source live on less than $1 a day. More than two-thirds live on less than $2 a day.
- Without water, a person can expect to live a few days.
- The average American uses 170 gallons of water per day.
I had the opportunity to speak to Thirst Aid Live's Denise Russo, an energetic and very inspiring woman who believes, "If you want something in your world to change, then you must be an agent of that change." Motivated by the collective efforts of people making those changes, she's now leading projects for Haiti that go beyond just water. "I am simply a vessel using my God-given talents for making a difference for our Earth and global neighbors."
- Empower yourself with the mind frame to save water on a daily basis. The Thirst Aid Live Toolkit is a perfect resource for ideas to reduce your water footprint.
- Donate to Thirst Aid Live (operated by Vessel H2O) — remember, just $5 gives one person clean water for life!
- Do some eco-friendly shopping at myEARTH360.com –20% of your purchase will benefit Thirst Aid Live's Haiti efforts. Just enter THIRSTAID20 at checkout.
- Purchase a Thirst Aid Live t-shirt or water bottle–a portion of proceeds will benefit water crisis organizations.
- Follow Thirst Aid Live on twitter and become a facebook fan.
See your business here, click to learn more.
|Things of interest:|