1/3 of all personal care products are linked to cancer. Many of these chemicals have been found in the umbilical cords of newborns. The industry is self-regulated, so the FDA doesn't have the authority to protect us. Find out more at the lecture.
- We'll look at: How to find safe products for you and the planet
- How to achieve radiant beauty inside and out
- Understanding (often deceptive) product labels and ingredients
- Pro-beauty vs anti-aging
- Finding products that are affordable and deliver amazing results
- How to know if your products are really tested on animals or not
- Understanding the politics and your purchasing power
Soaps, hair care/color, deodorants, moisturizers, make-up, toothpastes, nail polish, bath salts, sunscreens, and many other products will be covered.
If you care about your health and appearance, the raising rate of cancer in this country, the environment, animal welfare, or you are a parent, you do not want to miss this highly informative lecture. Bring a notebook and your friends. Men, women, and teens are welcome.
COST: $25 cash or check, $10 off if you bring a friend.
Please RSVP to Rachel@RachelAvalon.com
Bio: Rachel Avalon launched her private practice in the healing arts in 2001 and continues to assist people in transforming their health and well-being every day. Her passion and focus is teaching others how to be healthy, happy, and green through holistic nutrition and detoxification. As an expert in vitality and sustainability, Rachel Avalon shares her values and recommendations through magazines, lectures, shows, and as an emcee at LOHAS events. She is also the 2009 Project Green Search Winner & Activist. As the new Green "it" Girl she is working to raise more awareness for sustainability, animal welfare and social justice.