It's almost summertime and I've been spotting lots of frosty beverages while out and about, creating a craving for a rich dessert drink that I can feel good about indulging in. This is a super thick, luscious shake made with pure, raw ingredients. It's so super yummy, words can hardly do it justice. Blend it up and taste for yourself!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, preferably soaked for 1 hour, drained and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 6 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lucuma powder (optional, but adds to the decadence)
- 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tray of ice cubes (around 14 cubes)
Place water, avocado, cashews, cacao, honey, coconut oil, lucuma, vanilla bean and salt in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add ice and blend again. Divide among 2 glasses and enjoy immediately. If you have any leftover (yeah right!), this freezes beautifully into chocolate ice cream.