Photo by: Pace
- 2 bunches of beets (8 beets), tops removed, peeled, and cut into wedges
- 1 cup soybeans (can purchase frozen)
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 bunch mint, whole leaves removed from stem
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 tablespoons flax oil
- S & P to taste
Fill a 6 qt. pot about ¼ of the way with water. Insert a steam basket, adjust heat to medium, and steam beats until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Cool and set aside. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil, add 1 tablespoon of salt and then boil soybeans for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile make combine lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl. Slowly add in the flax oil and whisk to emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Toss beets with Lemon Flax Dressing. Garnish with soybeans and fresh mint leaves. Enjoy warm, room temperature, or cold.
- All ingredients in this salad are intended for cleansing the liver.
- Liver is the primary filter for cleansing the blood and also metabolizes hormones, toxins, and other substances that enter the bloodstream and also stores carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
- Beets- keep fat from depositing in the liver, giving the liver a break from all the hard work.
- Flax oil- absorbs up to 8 times its own weight in water and helps material to move through the intestine.
See your business here, click to learn more.